Saturday, April 30, 2011

Relief Society Easer Lesson- 4/24/11

For our Easter lesson, we were privileged to hear from several, who spoke about a "name of Christ" that had special meaning to them. Here are a few excerpts:

Sarah D.- "Kindly Light"

Lead, kindly Light, amid th’ encircling gloom, lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home; lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now lead Thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years!

So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it still will lead me on.
O’er moor and fen, o’er crag and torrent, till the night is gone,
And with the morn those angel faces smile, which I
Have loved long since, and lost awhile!

I'm thankful for Jesus who acts as our Kindly Light and makes it possible to see those we love again.

Sara G.- "True Vine"

John 15:5--chosen by Paul and I as our family scripture theme and put onto our first FHE chart.

We love to garden---but are not very good at it. But each spring finds us outside digging and nourishing our dirt and planting new seedlings and hoping for a good/better harvest. We have enthusiasm and lots of hope. Same as parenting----we had so much hope and enthusiasm when we started---and we continue to have---not very good at it, but we keep trying.

Speaking of my family/apologize to use this analogy, but being a parent has been the most important way I have learned about the true nature of my relationship to God.

Jacob 5/allegory of the olive tree---teaches us so much about how God feels about us and about the role of the Savior (the servant) as he advocates for us. Nourish, dig, prune, "spare it a little longer" until good can overcome evil. This is the God we worship---the servant of the vineyard who asks us to labor with him.

We are children of God, Daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us and we love Him, Beloved Spirit daughters of God and our lives have meaning, purpose and direction. As a worldwide sisterhood, we are united in our devotion to Jesus Christ, our Savior and Exemplar; we are women of faith, virtue, vision and charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment