Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hearts and Hands Experience + September Theme

Shared by a sister:

  It's really nice to have my visiting teacher come by each month.  I feel that her message is always personalized just for me.  This month she made me feel extra-special when she presented me with a yummy chocolate caramel, beautifully wrapped in cellophane and tied with a gold ribbon.  She told me that she had read in the Relief Society Recap that the "Hearts and Hands Project" had a chocolate focus for August.  She knew that I had a special fondness for dark chocolate (as did she), and thought I might enjoy this little treat, a favorite of hers.
     She went on to expalin how she likes to cut her piece in fourths and savor it throughtout the day.  I thought I would give it a try and see if I could make mine last that long.  However, before I knew it, my knife had cut it into thirds.  I started enjoying it after lunch, one-third at a time.  Unfortunately, an hour later it was completely devoured. 
     No matter how long you decide to savor your chocolate goodie, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine.  More importantly, how appreciative I am that I have such a thoughtful visiting teacher who really knows how to brighten my day!



We encourage each sister to take a moment in each month to find a way to serve one other sister (or more!) in the ward. This compassionate service activity is known as our "Hearts and Hands" program. It will reflect the love and friendship we share with each other, as well as the care and concern we have for each other. In September, the theme isAPPLES. 

Think of all the wonderful things we can do with apples: pie, crisp, caramel, baskets full, spice, dried. And remember that September 17th is National Apple Dumpling Day! (And if you still didn't get enough chocolate in August, September 12th is National Chocolate Milkshake Day!) 

If you have a great experience you’d like to share with the Relief Society, please do! This can be an experience as a giver or as a receiver. Email Deanne Welch, 
deannekwelch@hotmail.com with details to post on the blog. All entries will be kept anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment