Monday, October 10, 2011

Lesson by Eva T on General Conference

Eva led us in a great group discussion about our favorite talks from the October 2011 General Conference. We split into small groups and discussed some of the talks that inspired and stood out to us the most.

As a larger group we then touched on several talks, including President Uchtdorf's talk, "You Matter to Him", and Elaine S. Dalton's talk, "Love Her Mother".

Themes that stood out to many sisters and were also touched on in fast and testimony meeting were:
1) Feeling the light of the Holy Spirit in our lives
2) The Lord knows each of us and loves us, no matter our life circumstance

We also discussed two scriptures:

D and C 1:38: "What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my aword shall not pass away, but shall all be bfulfilled, whether by mine own cvoice or by the dvoice of my eservants, it is the fsame."

Psalms 119:130: The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth aunderstanding unto the simple.

Eva closed with her testimony that God knows each of us personally and loves us very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment