Monday, September 9, 2013

August 24 Workshop at Eichler Pool and Tennis Club



We were nourished and empowered by the talk Andrea M. gave.  Here are some notes from her talk and some photos of our wonderful ladies who attended.

Unleashing the COMPLETE You...

Even the Part you Don't Know Exists


  • Divine Nature: having this element of divinity in me means that my ability to change, learn, improve and do hard things is unlimited or infinite.
  • Ether 12:27 ...I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
  • To move to a better place, we want to ask ourselves some of the big questions. 
What do I really want for my life? and the life of my family?
What is really important to me?
When I'm on my deathbed, I will know I've lived a good life if...
  • Two global ideas to consider
  1. Make a long term time investment in important things that don't often give us immediate payback, i.e. family relationships and scripture reading.
  2. Marathon vs. sprinting through life; Be a tortoise not a hare
  • Life in Balance - making small tweaks that change trajectory
Less inclined to get bogged down in everyday issues, lose sight of goals if you try to live a balanced life.  Some areas to consider tweaking...






No comments:

Post a Comment