Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Power of Prayer- Sunday August 31st

Sundays lesson was combined with the brethren. Brother Trockel led a discussion about prayer and presented three questions.




1) What is the power of prayer?

 37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
2) How have you learned about the role of prayer in your life?
  1. 1. Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer!
    That calls me from a world of care
    And bids me at my Father's throne
    Make all my wants and wishes known.
    In seasons of distress and grief,
    My soul has often found relief
    And oft escaped the tempter's snare
    By thy return, sweet hour of prayer!
    And oft escaped the tempter's snare
    By thy return, sweet hour of prayer!
  2. 2. Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer!
    Thy wings shall my petition bear
    To him whose truth and faithfulness
    Engage the waiting soul to bless.
    And since he bids me seek his face,
    Believe his word, and trust his grace,
    I'll cast on him my ev'ry care
    And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!
    I'll cast on him my ev'ry care
    And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!
 
16 As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me.
17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
22 Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shallkeep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus
 31 Behold this is my will; ask and ye shall receive; but men do notalways do my will.


3) How can you Increase power of prayer in your life? 

Should you ever feel distanced from our Father, it could be for many reasons. Whatever the cause, as you continue to plead for help, He will guide you to do that which will restore your confidence that He is near. Pray even when you have no desire to pray. Sometimes, like a child, you may misbehave and feel you cannot approach your Father with a problem. That is when you most need to pray. Never feel you are too unworthy to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment