Monday, February 2, 2015

Share what you love - Presidency message

Sue A. encouraged us all to "Share what you love" with those around you.
And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen.
And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.  1 Nephi 8:11-12
  • How do we share the gospel?
Sue shared some experiences from her mission with notable institute growth in Germany.  We polled the class and outside of those baptized when they were 8 years old, most joined the church between 20-35yrs with equal number in their teens and 36+yrs.
  • Who said 'do you want to meet with the missionaries'?
Think about people the church needs. People like to be needed.
Invite people to: the Relief Society Birthday, park days, tutoring Tuesday nights kids at the institute building, lunch with the missionaries.
The sister missionaries told of a woman who joined in Fremont that they took a member to discussions and she helped befriend her and made her feel welcome in the ward. In Hollister, a woman struggled to know if God loved her and it delayed her decision to be baptized until a ward mission leader gave her a hug at the end of a lesson.  She felt the love of the Lord.

Don't be afraid to let everyone know that you are LDS. Have 4 kids, genealogy, child's baptism, going to the temple, share your life - don't leave out church, event conflict.
And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!  Doct. &Cov. 18:15-16


No comments:

Post a Comment