Monday, June 22, 2015

"Seek The Spirit in All You Do"

This weeks lesson was taught by Colette T.


THE SPIRIT

1. What is it? 
-The Comforter, A Guide, The Holy Ghost 
  • Gail S shared a story about when she was in a leadership position and needing to call a new counselor.  She prayed and received answer to her prayer through the holy spirit. 
  • Jennifer S shared a story about her decision regarding the holy spirit guiding her where she needed to move for her nursing career. 


2. How (does it work)?
-Example in the Book of Enos :1
"2 And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I received a remission of my sins. Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart. And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens. And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed." 
-Lord how is it done? through faith 
The Gift of Spirit is through our faith 

3. When (does the spirit come)?
  • Suzanne J discussed how the spirit helps her when she is running behind.  she prayers that she will get there at a good time.
  • Sue A. talked about when she was teaching early morning seminary; she would have ideas and could depend on the spirit for help.
  • Nettie W, shared about how she had started feeling sorry for her self and then she looked at pictures of her family and thought how can she be unhappy when she has gifts of family. Spiritual manifestation of why we are here.


4, Why?
Enos vs 9 
 Now, it came to pass that when I had heard these words I began to feel a desire for the welfare of my brethren, the Nephites; wherefore, I did pour out my whole soul unto God for them. 

The Holy Ghost does inspire us When we need it, when we are ready.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We should strive for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost all the days of our lives. (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Ezra Taft Benson, Chapter 12: “Seek the Spirit in All You Do”)

If we are humble and sensitive, the Lord will prompt us through our feelings. (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Ezra Taft Benson, Chapter 12: “Seek the Spirit in All You Do”)

We obtain the Spirit through sincere prayer and fasting. (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Ezra Taft Benson, Chapter 12: “Seek the Spirit in All You Do”)

Daily scripture study, including meditation on passages of scripture, invites the Spirit. (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Ezra Taft Benson, Chapter 12: “Seek the Spirit in All You Do”)

The Holy Ghost will abide with us as we honor, respect, and obey God’s laws. (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Ezra Taft Benson, Chapter 12: “Seek the Spirit in All You Do”)

No comments:

Post a Comment