Thursday, July 30, 2015

7/26: We'll Ascend Together

Jennilyn W. gave a fabulous lesson using the talk by Linda Burton, We'll Ascend Together. 

"As covenant-keeping women and men, we need to lift each other and help each other become the people the Lord would have us become."

Sisters and brothers, how often do we intentionally “speak kind words to each other”?16
We might test ourselves by asking a few questions. With a little adaptation, these questions can apply to most of us, whether we are married or single, whatever our home situation might be.
  1. 1. 
    When was the last time I sincerely praised my companion, either alone or in the presence of our children?
  2. 2. 
    When was the last time I thanked, expressed love for, or earnestly pleaded in faith for him or her in prayer?
  3. 3. 
    When was the last time I stopped myself from saying something I knew could be hurtful?
  4. 4. 
    When was the last time I apologized and humbly asked for forgiveness—without adding the words “but if only you had” or “but if only you hadn’t”?
  5. 5. 
    When was the last time I chose to be happy rather than demanding to be “right”?


No comments:

Post a Comment