Wednesday, August 19, 2015

"Beware of Pride"- August 16, 2015

Rebecca S. led a wonderful discussion using the Ezra Taft Benson Manual, Chapter 18: "Beware of Pride"

Here are some of the highlighted quotes:

“Pride is the universal sin, the great vice. The antidote for pride is humility.”

In the words of C. S. Lewis: 
“Pride gets no pleasure out of having something, only out of having more of it than the next man. … It is the comparison that makes you proud: the pleasure of being above the rest. Once the element of competition has gone, pride has gone.”

"Humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less."


Ether 12:27

27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humblethemselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weakthings become strong unto them.


No comments:

Post a Comment