Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Sabbath is a Delight - August 23, 2015

Tina D. taught the lesson today using Elder Russell M. Nelson's talk "The Sabbath Is a Delight" with a great discussion from her questions.


  • How can you ensure that your behavior on the Sabbath will lead to joy and rejoicing?

"The question for each of us is: because of what I have heard and felt during this conference, how will I change? Whatever your answer might be, may I invite you also to examine your feelings about, and your behavior on, the Sabbath day.

I am intrigued by the words of Isaiah, who called the Sabbath “a delight.” Yet I wonder, is the Sabbath really a delight for you and for me?" (The Sabbath Is a Delight)
  • What did the Savior mean when He said that the Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath?
"I believe He wanted us to understand that the Sabbath was His gift to us, granting real respite from the rigors of daily life and an opportunity for spiritual and physical renewal." (The Sabbath Is a Delight)

  • What does this look like to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment